Wednesday, October 2, 2019

No Longer Boring

This is a song about how after the guardian angels give the teachers nature brains, they go crazy because a mountain starts communicating with them. Having a mountain communicate with those teachers was too much for their psyches to take, apparently. It was, like, so much of a numinous experience, that it overwhelmed their psyches and they descended into madness. See below if you're unfamiliar with this project.

Actually, I got that idear from an article I read years ago about a teenager who'd come down with a bad case of schizophrenia. He was treatment-resistant in all kinds of ways, and his life was descending into deeper and deeper levels of Hell. His forward-thinking parents decided to send him to an African village to hang out with the shaman there. The shaman had the insight that a mountain was trying to communicate with the kid, and that's what was making him descend into psychosis. Then, somehow the kid got better. I'm not sure exactly what all the shaman did, but maybe he got better because he had the insight about the mountain provided to him. I'm not all the way sure.

Anyway, this is the first song I recorded after I started watching Cole Mize's videos on how to be a better rapper. I highly recommend checking out his web site, if you're interested in developing your rapping skills. Here's a link:  https://colemizestudios.com/cole-mize/


 This is last week's song, if you play it backwards.

The lyrics are:
In the doors of perception
Their minds got clear reception
They’re no longer boring
But they have lost their mooring

There’s a mountain that’s speaking to teachers of distress
And it’s leaking all the features of things they will confess
Losing all their minds to nature and its kind
Confusing they can’t find the pay-dirt that is time
We’re the angels and we think that we have fucked up
Now their brains have magic overflowing their cup
And the teachers got mud and madness in their brains
Now the creatures got floods of sadness in their pain

And we thought that it could be very good idea
To give them all a nature brain but, fuck, oh, Mama Mia
The cuckoo’s nest they fly above is getting unkempt
It’s not the best they try to love a hundred percent


One day, I started writing a song about a fucked up school. Then, a few days later, that lawsuit came out, involving those pervy professors in the Dartmouth Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences. I was all, oh, my stars!!! That’s where I got my Ph.D.! Then I finished writing the song about a week later. I thought it was just a song about how the school system fucks up kids, but after I finished writing and recording it, I realized parts of it were about my experiences in that poopy psych department (the unconscious mind works in mysterious ways). In any event, I decided to write an album about a fucked up school in order to process my experiences of having been in that department and how the culture there impacted me. This album ain’t necessarily about Dartmouth, per se. It’s more of a weird, inner exploration where I’m, like, having a fucked up dialogue with my unconscious about my experiences at Dartmouth. Jung used to call that kind of stuff “active imagination.” So far, this album follows the story of a girl, whose guardian angels try to protect her, but often can't find her. The angels at some point decide that they have to protect the girl from those nasty teachers and start to plot against them. But then they realize they don’t want to actually harm the teachers, so they, instead, make the teachers’ brains into nature brains ™, which are basically brains that hear communications coming from nature spirits. The angels do this because they think it’ll give those teachers more empathy, and will, in turn, be nice to the students.  After the teachers receive those nature brains, they go crazy because a mountain starts speaking to them, and the numinosity of that experience is too much for them to handle.

No comments: