Friday, October 6, 2017

We're Gonna Get High Tonight


This week's entry is unusual in the sense that I don't have a backwards version for it yet; I just sort of felt like posting it. It's a weird entry, too, because, although I haven't posted all the songs to the death-album I've been working on, I'm jumping ahead to a song from the next album. 

It's hard to describe what this next album is. See, these're gonna be the songs that go between the songs of the previous album. You know how operas have arias, and musicals have those really good songs that everyone remembers? And then there's the singing in between the main songs? Y'know, that stuff that moves the plot along, but they aren't the memorable songs? (They usually sound like shit, but that might just be me being a big jerk, saying that). 

The new album is gonna be those in-between songs. I'm gonna aspire to have them not sound like shit, but I don't know how successful I'll be at that. Anyway, in this song, Corky is planning on smoking pot with his friends, but when he gets to the place where they were supposed to meet, there're mean guys there instead. This is the song that leads up to the previously posted song called "I Am Dead" (posted on March 24 of this year). Since I sing this here new song real fast, I decided to write out the lyrics, so you can follow along with it.

Me and my friends, we like to smoke pot/ We like to smoke it an ever lovin' lot
It is a plant that comes from a seed/ We like to smoke that ever lovin' weed
We're gonna get high tonight
We're s'posed to meet at that stupid little shack/ Once upon a time it was a place for smoking crack
And then I'm coming toward the house but something looks wrong/ Where are my friends? I do not know - they were supposed to bring the bong
 We're gonna get high tonight
I think they skeedaddled and are hiding in the weeds/ I should have come with them; oh fuck, what can this be?
They were meeting earlier but I could not go/ I had to work that day to make my money grow
It is not my friends in there - it's Mean Guys 1 and 2/ Oh, shit, they see me! There's nothing I can do!
"Hey, you owe us money!"/ "Wait, I do not! I paid you months ago; at least that's what I thought."
We're gonna get high tonight. Oh, shit, maybe not.

Next week, I'll get back to posting the main songs from the Corky album.

For anyone new to this blog, the album I'm discussing is based on the movie, Skins. (Spoiler Alert)... It follows this character, Corky Red Tail, into the afterlife cuz he gets murdered in the beginning of the movie. Then he's joined by Mogie and Verdell, who both die of alcoholism in one way or another. The three of them work together to try to get a message to Corky's mom that he's okay in the afterlife. The most likeliest candidate to do that is Rudy, Mogie's brother, because all three of them knew Rudy when they were alive, so they're all connected to him in one way or another.

No comments: