Friday, October 20, 2017

This is a Stupid Idea Mogie; Leaf Blower (Bonus Track)



This is last week's song if you play it backwards. In this song, Rudy the cop is receiving psychic transmissions from the spirits of his brother, Mogie; Mogie's best friend, Verdell; and Corky. They're all tellin' Rudy to vandalize the George Washington bust on Mount Rushmore to make it look like he's crying. Rudy's all, "this is a stupid idea, Mogie," because he thinks it's a stupid idea.

I didn't realize, until after I recorded the song, that it sounds kind of innuendo-ish. There's a lot of innuendo-ish sounding stuff in it.

This is last week's song if you actually play it backwards.



This week, I included a bonus track about how much I hate the sound of leaf-blowers. See, I was just about to record the vocals to the song I did today, when the stupid leaf blowers started going outside. That always happens - it's always either a leaf blower or a garbage truck that shows up when I'm about to record vocals. So I gotta wait cuz they would invariably bleed through onto the recording. Poopity pooop.

For anyone new to this blog, the album I'm discussing is based on the movie, Skins. (Spoiler Alert)... It follows this character, Corky Red Tail, into the afterlife cuz he gets murdered in the beginning of the movie. Then he's joined by Mogie and Verdell, who both die of alcoholism in one way or another. The three of them work together to try to get a message to Corky's mom that he's okay in the afterlife. The most likeliest candidate to do that is Rudy, Mogie's brother, because all three of them knew Rudy when they were alive, so they're all connected to him in one way or another.

No comments: