Friday, October 21, 2016

Guardian Angels




I had a dream last week about a woman who got real wasted at a party, and these people were sorta like her guardian angels. They went to save her cuz she was in a sorta unsafe situation. But they couldn't find her. (Oh, no!) That's what this song's about. It's about these guardian angels who go to save their charge, but they can't find her.




Backwards Forwards Presiden

This is the song from last week, but it's what it sounds like when you play it backwards. Actually, it's part of an old song from a long time ago. (The entry for it in this blog is: 5/10/14 But the song was really old even back then.)
The lyrics are:
"Go to sleep sleep really fast and you will not be aroused to find me find me in your head to find me in your head.
I am the president...I am the president of your head." Yesiree.

--

On an unrelated note, I wanted to post the link to the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe website again in case you wanna donate some money to them as they fight against the stupid Dakota Access pipeline.
http://standingrock.org/
It's creeping me out, big-time, that I'm living in the United States, and there's this big media blackout. I mean, none of the major news outlets are reporting this stuff that's going on there. And actual reporters that are there are getting thrown in jail and their cameras are getting taken away. And there's all this military force being used on people sitting in peaceful prayer and trying to protect their water source. I feel like I'm living in some horrible dictatorship. Maybe this country never was as free as I thought it was in the first place, and now it's just becoming more clear what a fucked up place it is. I mean, it never was that good of a country, given that it was founded on genocide. (90% of the indigenous people being wiped out is what I mean).
Anyway, yeah. These are crazy times we're living in. And it feels like time is speeding up. But that's a topic for another time.


No comments: