Friday, July 29, 2016

You're In Reality






Backwards in reality

The picture for this song is of 2 guys comin' to terms with their fucked up reality. It sorta goes with this song. I guess so.

I had a dream about a week ago, where I knew I was dreaming. In the dream, I knew that in real life, I wanted to get up relatively early, so I wanted to wake myself up and look at my alarm clock. But every time I thought I'd woken myself up, I discovered I was still dreaming! (Like, I knew, cuz my bedroom had weird stuff in it that's not there in real life). I was gettin' real frustrated. Then I heard this song playing and I was able to wake myself up and write it down. Well okay, actually, the 2nd part of this song was what started playing. I tacked on the first part after the fact.

In tacking on the first part, I was attempting to make a symmetrical song - y'know, if you play it backwards, it would be the same as if you played if frontwards. Here're the 2 versions. Although I had to cheat with the backwards one - the different tracks didn't really sync up the way I wanted them to, so I had to shift some of them slightly forward, timewise, and others backwards, timewise.

No comments: