Sunday, December 7, 2014

I Would Sit With A Fish




I was dreaming this morning that there was a John Lennon concert playing on TV. He started playing this song. The funny thing is, it doesn't really sound like John Lennon at all. It sounds more Tom-Waits-ish, with just a hint of Talking Heads. (Or I might be flattering myself).

Oh, yeah, there's a heavy Philip Glass influence in this song, as well.

I don't know how irritating this song will be to other people cuz it's, once again, one of those songs that came out of my unconscious. The unconscious has a language of its own, and therefore, its message may be indecipherable to the common listener. I could understand people being irritated, as a result. Like, maybe they'll think I'm being all surrealistic just to annoy them. No, man, I'm not trying to annoy people with non sequiturs. I'm really not.

In any event, given the set of circumstances outlined in this song, I would expect myself to be willing to sit with a fish.

No comments: