Sunday, December 7, 2014

Grandma Led Him Down That Frozen Slope




I wrote and recorded this song back in 2011.  I've always liked this song and have been intending to post it for a while now. It was one o' those songs I wanted to keep to myself for a while before having other people listen to it. Sometimes that's a good idea.

This song came from a dream; in this case, the dream-song was bluesy. I changed it and made it more...I don't know what I'd call it...sacred sounding? I guess that's as good a term as any.

This is one of those songs that's a wee on the abstract side, and yet it's all meaningful and stuff, too. It's one of those things where the meaning is for the listener to decide.

I like songs about grandparents. Don't ask me why. Maybe it's because there aren't that many songs I know of that are about grandparents.

No comments: