Sunday, October 26, 2014

The Hellish Death Monster




This is a song largely written by my subconscious, so I'm still in the process of figuring out what it's about. The picture would be more directly applicable to the song if all the characters in it were female, but I sorta don't care. The picture's actually an excerpt from Daisy Charles's book, The Adventures of Jesus and Chief Running Dog: Volume 1, Part 1. (Everybody should read it. Here's a link. http://www.lulu.com/shop/daisy-charles-phd/the-adventures-of-jesus-and-chief-running-dog-volume-1-part-1/paperback/product-21751663.html)

Anyway...it's odd because I think the hellish death monster is actually really big and hairy, but in the song, she looks just like the narrator of the song. Maybe it's something to do with a shadow archetype or whatnot. Actually, that makes sense. I'll have to think about it.

I was goin' for that industrial sound in this one. Bumpy hard-edged industrialness alongside vocals that sorta soar above it. Althoughghghghgh, technically speaking, I'm not sure if this qualifies as industrial. I'm not exactly sure what qualifications a song needs in order to fit into that particular genre. Yesiree.


Here's another monster picture - I forgot I had this one, which is odd, because it's on the wall over my desk, just staring at me. This monster's personality fits the song really well. That's what I think, anyway.

No comments: