Friday, June 16, 2023

I'm Praying to the Spirits Tonight/Will the Flowers Bloom?


I'm Praying to the Spirits Tonight

 This is another one of those depresso songs. It's about prayin' to the spirits in the hopes things get better and the flowers come out again.

The lyrics are:

Will the flowers bloom on the far side of the moon?
I'm praying to the spirits tonight; I'm praying to the spirits tonight
My mind's an empty room that's darker than a tomb
I'm singing to the spirits tonight; I'm singing to the spirits tonight

This is the Depression Sessions, and I am feeling bad
Feeling less than the best is something that's not rad
Being empty and bummed out and lost in the cold
Is something your parents had probably never told
You about when you were a little kid
It was not something to expect, but then you did
Fall into a major depressive episode
And you pray to the spirits to unburden your load

Will the flowers bloom inside this empty tomb?
I'm praying to the spirits tonight; I'm praying to the spirits tonight
Or is this place of gloom the seeds' eternal womb?
I'm praying to the spirits tonight; I'm praying to the spirits tonight

Will the flowers come out and say, "hello?"
In the bright Heaven of the sun's eternal glow?
Will the spirits come down and grant me some good grace?
In the form of flowers that sing with smiling faces?
I know that you may be getting tired
Of music about getting stuck in the mire
Of depression but here is what I have to say
It's stupid to do happy songs when you feel grey

I'm praying to the spirits tonight; I'm praying to the spirits tonight

No comments: