Friday, April 28, 2023

Through My Parents' Eyes

Through My Parents' Eyes

This is the next song in the fucked up relationship album. There's nothing like seeing the fucked upness of your own life through someone else's eyes (in this case, it's through the narrator's parents' eyes). When you see someone else seeing how fucked up your life is, it's harder to stay in denial about the fucked upness of said life. 

The lyrics are:

I saw him through my parents' eyes

There was something freaky - sinister and creepy

I saw him through my parents' eyes

Something's wrong with this man - he no longer looks grand

I don't think he's right in the head

I have new perspective - I should be selective
In my childhood bedroom, I got extra headroom
I used to be happy - now I'm feeling crappy
Why did I grow up to being ever stuck to

A man who's not right in the head?

See, being at the house where I grew up
Gave me perspective - I almost threw up
This man is so scary, and he does not care for me
And I cannot marry him out of some charity
I used to be a happy, carefree kid
Now I am sad, and I have to get rid
Of the man who makes me so unhappy
Being here makes me realize how much he is crappy

I saw him through my parents' eyes - yes I did, yes I did

It's hard to be in denial with a smile
When I'm seeing this guy, looking through my parents' eyes

No comments: