Friday, November 11, 2022

Engaged !


Engaged!

This is the next song in the Fucked Up Relationship Album. Yessiree, the main character finds out that, yes, indeed, her boyfriend had actually been proposing to her! When she said, "Sure," he assumed that she wanted to get engaged. Oh, no!

The fucked up thing is - this is a true story! This happened to me 24 years ago. Crikey. Yeah, I figured, well, okay. I'm not ready to get engaged, but he's all excited: If I say, "No, wait, I didn't mean it," then he'll be all butt-hurt. So, I kept my not bein' ready to be engaged a secret. Dang, man, dang.

The lyrics are:

He said, "We're engaged!"
Oh, fuck
Oh, fuck

This is way too early a stage
In this relationship to get engaged
And I did not know he was proposing
To me and I feel hosed
If I say, "Wait, this is a mistake,"
He'll take it the wrong way
He'll be butt-hurt and distressed
Yes, if I say that, I confess,
That this is not what I wanted
I don't even know if he's fun in bed
So, I'll make the best of it
But in my mind, I say, "Oh, shit"

He said, "We're engaged!"
Oh, fuck
Oh, fuck

So, I guess I'll go with it
But in my mind, I say, "Oh, shit"
And he's too cheap to have a ring
To put upon my stupid finger
But, he promised silver
We'll see if he delivers
Some silver for the bride and groom
And I hope that I'm not doomed

No comments: