Thursday, July 11, 2019

We Know The Family



In this song, the guardian angels, who've decided to fight the teachers, remember they're not supposed to do harm because they're angels. They're like, oh, shit, we're angels; we can't harm the teachers cuz that's not our jam. We're pure. Pure beings aren't supposed to cause harm. So they decide - instead of fucking up the teachers - they'd enable the teachers to hear communications coming from nature spirits, in the hopes that it would give the teachers more compassion. I mean, I think anyone would develop more compassion than they previously had if they heard nature talkin' to them. That's what I think, anyway.

So, the angels decide to give the teachers nature brains. I guess you could say a nature brain is a brain that's similar to the brain of a shaman, but one that only receives messages from nature - not one that can do actual magic. The kitties meowing represent nature spirits talkin' to the teachers after they get that ability.

As I said last week, I found recordings of my baby sweet kitties meowing an octave apart and sampled 'em for this song. I miss those kitties, my late kitties. My sweet, late kitties. I get sad, thinking about how much I miss those kitties.

But, see what I did, below, with the pictures? There's a picture of Charlie, and then Daisy, and then Charlie, and then Daisy, alternating the same way their meows do in the song.

Weird we know the family
This is last week's song if you turn it around backwards.





The song lyrics are:

We know the family.

What is this mess we’re making? we’re supposed to be pure
And now our boots are shaking and we cannot find a cure
If we do something that’s wrong, it will make a karmic mess
And the day we meet our maker, we will have to… confess
We will fight the teachers but we cannot do harm
They are mean bad creatures and they’ll sound the alarm
We will do another thing, this is what we will do
We’re giving them a nature brain and they won’t have a clue
And they’ll meet the family that’s living in the trees
The family that’s all around, the teacher never sees
And they’ll meet the family that’s nature, unexplained
It’s a treat, but they cannot see the singing sky pees rain


We know the family

If you're unfamiliar with this project, read this:
One day, I started writing a song about a fucked up school. Then, a few days later, that lawsuit came out, involving those pervy professors in the Dartmouth Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences. I was all, oh, my stars!!! That’s where I got my Ph.D.! Then I finished writing the song about a week later. I thought it was just a song about how the school system fucks up kids, but after I finished writing and recording it, I realized parts of it were about my experiences in that poopy psych department (the unconscious mind works in mysterious ways). In any event, I decided to write an album about a fucked up school in order to process my experiences of having been in that department and how the culture there impacted me. This album ain’t necessarily about Dartmouth, per se. It’s more of a weird, inner exploration where I’m, like, having a fucked up dialogue with my unconscious about my experiences at Dartmouth. Jung used to call that kind of stuff “active imagination.” So far, this album follows the story of a girl, whose guardian angels try to protect her, but often can't find her. The angels at some point decide that they have to protect the girl from those nasty teachers and start to plot against them.

No comments: