Friday, September 7, 2018

Gross Food


This might be my favoritest 2018 song, to date. It's a song about how I felt when my 2 cats died. When I say, "There used to be three of us but now there's only one, the stupid leftovers when all is said and done," I'm basically saying, I feel like leftover food. Food that's been left behind. No one even wants to take it home in a doggie bag. I'm the stupid, gross, yucky food that no one wants to eat.

*When the song refers to a glass of orange juice with fish in it, I mean orange juice with extra pulp. Pulp makes me gag.

Here're two mixes of last week's song, played backwards. I did a second mix today cuz I wanted the rapping at the end to be more prominent in the mix.

Here are the lyrics, in case they're not easy to understand:

There used to be three of us / But now there’s only one / The stupid leftovers / when all is said and done

My sadness fills the whole / Stupid world out there / I wish that I could go and climb that golden stair

Everything is stupid now / and everything is gross / a single sampling of burnt and soggy toast

A noodle burnt onto the bottom of the pan/ a scrambled egg that got all gross and then it ran

I think I’ll go out and I think I will get stoned / a chicken with no bones / I think it’s been deboned

A stupid listening and every single day / is just a stupid battleship that has turned gray

A piece of cheese that has decided to grow mold/ a heated dinner that’s been left out in the cold

A glass of orange juice that’s got lots and lots of fish / a burnt and soggy terrible Tuesday dinner dish

I wish I could go up Heaven’s stair/ Go upstairs and see my friends up there

I want to go  upstairs upstairs

I want to go upstairs upstairs

No comments: