Sunday, November 5, 2017

Linkin Park Cover (Shadow of the Day)



I'm posting this on an off-day because it's a cover song. See, I wanted to do something in honor of Chester Bennington, so I learned how to perform "Shadow of the Day" backwards. (It's on Linkin Park's album, Minutes to Midnight). It's one of my favoritest Linkin Park songs in the whole world.

 Here's how it sounds if you turn it around. I had to omit the drums because they didn't work when I turned 'em around. I also realized I kept on singing one of the notes wrong, so I layered me singing that note right, ontop of the regular vocals. I dunno, I think I'm happy with how close I got to the actual song, but if you were to just listen to this by itself, it's probably a pretty crappy cover. (Sorry, Linkin Park!)

 I'd recorded me performing the actual song so I could turn it around backwards in my computer and figure out how to perform it backwards. This is an excerpt from that recording - it's the one part that doesn't suck.

Shit, I hope I'm not violating any copyright stuff. I guess if Linkin Park gets wind of this here recording, they can rest, assured that I'm not making any $$$$ offa this.

No comments: