Friday, May 12, 2017

Supermarket




This is the forwards-version of the song from last week. I'm posting 2 mixes, cuz "SUPERMKT" sounds good in headphones and on these little speakers I have; but it sounds like ass on my car stereo. The second mix - well, I dunno how it sounds on my car stereo, but it sounds like ass in my headphones.

Anyway, this is the song that sorta establishes the milieu of this rock opera/death-album thingy. The main character, Corky, he works at a supermarket, and he likes workin' there. He also likes to smoke lots of weed.

When I listened to the song after recording it, I realized in retrospect, that out of context, it might sound like it's making fun of people who work at supermarkets. I would be a real jerk if I wrote a song like that. I'd go to hell when I died, if I wrote a song making fun of people who work at supermarkets - so I just wanted to provide that bit o' clarification, so that people wouldn't misinterpret this here song.

Nope, it's just a song about a dude who works at a supermarket and he likes working there, an he also likes smoking weed.  (That's his voice, saying "find everything okay?")


This is last week's song when you turn it around backwards. Yesiree.

No comments: