Thursday, April 27, 2017

What'Ja Stop By For/Spirit of the Bottle



Alrighty, this week's song is what last week's song would sound like if you performed it backwards. Like, it's another one of those songs in the new death-album I'm working on. I'm finding that it's easier for me to get my nerves up to publish these songs if I perform 'em backwards first and post the backwards versions first.

In this song, Corky, that kid who got killed, he's in the spirit world, and he's, like, trying to communicate with people in the land of the living. See, there's this drunk guy, (the one in the sample who sez "what'ja stop by for?") He's just this regular old drunk guy. And, well, y'know how some people think there're spirits in alcoholic beverages? Which is why they're called "spirits?" Y'know? Well, Corky decides to pretend to be one of those alcohol-spirits in an attempt to communicate with Verdell (that's the name of the drunk guy).

Oh, yeah, and here's last week's song, if you literally turn it around backwards. I cain't recall if I had to cheat an mess around the timing to make the tracks sync up or not. Nope, cain't remember.

No comments: