Monday, November 21, 2016

Herb Shall We Sue a Foot




Whoops, that picture's a little lopsided there. Looks kinda like the prayer wheel is floating away.

Okay, wow, usually I just post stuff once a week, but this week is weird. I initially had reservations about posting this here song because the lead singer vocal part sounds like an animal in pain, in places, and I didn't know how that would sit with people. But the animal-in-pain nature of the vocals kind of goes with this week's recent events.

Crap, this is weird. Like, this is turning into the Stand with Standing Rock blog instead of a regular music blog, but I made a deal with myself that I can post as many Standing Rock posts as I want, as long as I include a song in each one. That way, I'm still conforming to the principles of this being a song blog.

But, yeah, after hearing about all these peaceful, unarmed people at Standing Rock getting doused with water cannons in sub-freezing weather, I had to do something about it. Made some phone calls today. All lines were busy at the White House (202-456-1111 or 202-456-1414), which might be a good sign, because I'm guessing lots of other people are making calls for the same reason as me. All lines were busy at the Morton Country Sheriff's dept (701-328-8118), too, but I left a VM.

Here's a link to Mark Ruffalo's Tumblr page. http://markruffalo.tumblr.com/ It's got this really good video on it of a man named Kendrick Eagle, asking President Obama to do something about this situation.

And here's the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe's website, again, in case you wanna make a donation. http://standingrock.org/

In short, I felt motivated to post a song today, where I sound like an animal in pain, cuz that's how I feel. This is 2016, and people're bein' brutalized by the powers that be, and when the hell-fuck-hell-fuck-hell are Native Americans gonna start being treated decently????????

But, yeah. at some point, this blog'll go back to its regularly scheduled programming; hopefully sooner rather than later, because that'll mean that this whole thing has been resolved peacefully, and the Sioux Tribe at Standing Rock are finally getting treated with the respect that they deserve.

No comments: