Friday, August 8, 2014

Where Did The Flowers Go?


It's hard to read the words in the picture cuz it's so small. It says "Stories from Grandpa," and Grandpa is saying: "Lemme tell you some stories!!!"


Oh, whoops, I added that picture 3 times. Not that the picture really goes with the song, except for the fact that there's a Grandpa character in the song.

Okay, so I wrote this song in 2003 - geez, man, it's an 11 year old song! Crap, I'm old. There were parts of the old recording that I didn't like, so I decided to do a re-recording. I like this recording much better'n the old one. I was attempting to do a Latin rhythm, but with kick-ass 'lectronic drums instead of Latin percussion just to see what it would sound like.

Some of you may say, wait a second. Isn't this a rip-off of an old folk song? ("Where did all the flowers go?"). I guess you could say that. But I sorta don't care because...well, I'm not really sure why I don't care. But the "where did the flowers go" part came from a dream, and I tend to be loyal to those dream-songs that come to me. So, if it bugs people that this song bears some resemblance to another song, I guess that's okay, cuz they don't have to listen to it.

No comments: