Thursday, August 3, 2017

Chester Bennington, Part II




It was 2 weeks ago that I woke up in the morning with a song from a dream and wrote it down. I thought, cool, this'll be my next song on the Corky Red Tail album. Then that afternoon, I found out about Chester Bennington dying, and I got all sad. So I recorded that first song of the 3 up there - the first part of it is the stuff I got from the dream that was supposed to go on the Corky album, and the second is that general death-related theme I've done a bunch in the past. I wanted to sing that second part, in order to mark the sadness of the occasion. I guess that song is the first song of the next album I'm gonna work on, which'll be a requiem album for Chester Bennington.

The next 2 songs are samples from "Leave Out All The Rest" with the death song from the Corky album layered on top. I got Chester Bennington in there singing, cuz I wanted to pay tribute to him. I just hope it doesn't look like I'm stealing that song or appropriating it or anything. I just wanted to pay tribute to Chester Bennington. But, in any event, I won't make any money offa these songs, so maybe it doesn't matter all that much.

Actually, the the AFTERMYD one has a sample from Skins along with the Chester/LP one; it sounded kind of nifty, how the Native American guys singing in the movie go well with the Linkin Park sample.

As the picture suggests, these songs are the result of the 2 albums I'm workin' on crashing into each other and creating these weird, hybrid songs. Or something along those lines. But I"ll get back to doing backwards songs next week. And workin' on that Corky album, too. Alongside the new one. Yesiree.

No comments: